Evergreen Life Services, Central Kentucky Division is looking for a Community Access Associate.
The Community Access Associate will be responsible for supporting an individual serve to participate in meaningful routines, events and activities through various community organizations, and to develop personal social networks, membership opportunities, friendships and relationships.
Services are designed to empower the individual in developing natural supports, and stress training that empowers the individual in acquiring, practicing, utilizing, and improving skills related to connecting with others: independent functioning, self-advocacy, community participation, personal responsibility, financial responsibility, or other skills related to optimal well-being as defined in the participant’s Plan of Care (POC). Community Access is an impact service, and the POC shall define steps to decrease the provision of the service as the individual becomes more independent in accessing and becoming part of the community.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure the health and welfare of the individuals served
- Assist individuals served with medication and treatment plans as needed
- Assist individuals served in the care and cleaning of their home, including reporting of maintenance needs
- Assist individuals served with money management including budgeting, banking, and shopping
- Assist individuals served with daily life activities such as: meal preparation, reading usage, use of telephone, use of community services (post office, mass transportation), housekeeping, clothing care, self-care, and personal hygiene
- Make food and non-food purchases for the home when requested
- Prepare meals
- Ensure the maintenance of the home and grounds are done as requested
- Complete all required documentation in accordance with applicable state agency(ies) and Evergreen Presbyterian Ministries, Inc. policies and procedures
- Implement behavioral and other programs as trained and requested
- Assist individuals served with their goals as outlined in their plan of care document(s)
- Identify potential behavior triggers and defuse or redirect as needed to ensure safety and well-being of all involved
- Provide individuals served transportation in company or personal vehicle as requested
- Provide individuals served opportunities to connect and become involved with clubs/associations within the community including recreational, educational, religious and civic.
- Provide volunteer opportunities with an outcome of less reliance on formal supports and an emphasis on the development of personal social networks, membership opportunities, friendships, and relationships for the individual served.
- At least 21 years of age due to auto liability coverage
- Effectively read, write and communicate verbally in English and must be able to read and understand instructions, perform record-keeping and write reports
- Meet and maintain all requirements of the applicable state agency(ies), including good standing with state abuse and neglect registry
- Ability to learn basic computer skills (i.e. turn on/off, log in/out, input data, approve timesheet)
- Prior experience as a direct support worker preferred