The focus of the Director of Donor Relations (DDR) is achieving results, which are aligned with the strategic goals for Evergreen Life Services (Evergreen). Evergreen serves persons with developmental, intellectual and/or physical disabilities in eight states in the U.S. Must be able to work independently and lead the creation of a regional presence in Alexandria, LA. Must be able to identify, pursue and garner support for Evergreen.
Building a rapport and relationship with individuals and groups requires an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Development.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Manage a portfolio of 100-200 donors/prospects in the assigned Evergreen Division.
- Conduct proactive stewardship activities with current donors to maintain or upgrade their giving.
- Cultivate and staff a local volunteer Development Council (4-10 members).
- Compile a prospect list in collaboration with the applicable people required.
- Manage all aspects of the gift cycle:
– Initiate contact with potential donors.
– Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them, including working with volunteers.
– Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure.
– Make solicitations when appropriate.
– Maintain stewardship contacts with donors.
- Approach groups, clubs, associations, and churches to seek speaking opportunities and follow-up with individuals who express interest.
- Research and generate award winning grant proposals on an on-going basis.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with all grant managers in your grant portfolio.
- Record all donor cultivation and solicitation activities in the donor database and produce monthly reports showing a summary of all significant activity.
- Establish and sustain internal and external relationships using strong communication skills and marketing abilities. Manage relationships professionally, both within and outside the organization.
- Participate in strategic planning for the organization and attend bi-weekly Development Team meeting through video conference.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Master’s preferred.
- Five or more years of successful experience in personal philanthropic fundraising, grant writing and/or consultative sales.
- Excellent listening, speaking and writing skills. Public speaking experience a must.
- Ability to obtain appointments with donors/prospects and to understand their philanthropic goals and their connection with Evergreen.
- Interest in and passion for the Evergreen mission. Ability to explain its case for support in a compelling and persuasive manner. Ability to skillfully deal with questions and objections in a professional and effective manner.
- High ethical standards, self-directed and the ability to work productively without direct supervision.
- Knowledge of MS Suite of products, Adobe Creative Suites, CANVA, DonorPerfect as well as Google applications. Ability to learn additional software programs as needed.
- Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with Evergreen staff and with contacts from other agencies or entities.
**Starting salary with benefits begin at $65,000 per year. **