The Medical Residential Manager is responsible for the overall operations of the community home and for maintaining the health of each person living in the community home.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist program staff with physicians and pharmacy issues.
- Keep staff well informed regarding health related problems of the individual served; discussing reasons for treatments, medications, etc. with the appropriate parties.
- Work monthly with individual program staff on medical issues of individuals served, this includes one on one training.
- Develop medical crisis plan for all individuals with uncontrolled/chronic medical conditions and train staff on these plans.
- In-service staff on medical-related issues as required.
- Conduct chart audits as required for issues with follow up.
- Review MARS and complete medication variance forms for RN as required.
- Process cycle fill medications monthly.
- Order medications and check for accuracy.
- Manage pharmacy issues.
- Oversee the work performance of all direct care staff
- Develop staff schedule and publish
- Collect, assimilate, approve and submit all appropriate documentation for payroll processing
- Complete annual performance evaluation
- Ensure that all policies, rules and regulations are followed and establish resolution including administration of discipline, corrections and reinforcements as required
- Conduct staff meetings with direct care staff and provide training when necessary
- Responsible for the health and welfare of clients
- Schedule all medical appointments
- Advocate clients rights when appropriate
- Schedule client activities
- Ensure fire and evacuation procedures are up to date and train accordingly
- Enhance the quality of life for clients
- Participate in selection and placement of new staff
- Oversee all care and maintenance of the buildings and grounds for the community home
- Schedule and make certain vehicle maintenance is completed
- Responsible for the overall financial success of community home(s)
- Maintain finances within assigned budget
- Process all invoices and submit to home office in timely manner
- Keep overtime to a minimum
- Ensure all house inventories (food, supplies, clothing) are complete and proper amounts are available as needed
- Make certain all efforts are made to maintain responsible utility, repair, and transportation expenses
- Be in compliance with standards for annual survey
- Prepare and submit any and all required documents in a timely manner (i.e. program notes, invoices/bills, state required documents, payroll, client financial information)
- Oversee client finances and ensure all policies and procedures are followed in the administration of such
- Maintain relationship with client’s family and work to ensure best outcome for client
- Follow and enforce all policies and procedures of Evergreen
- Must be a graduate of an approved Licensed Practical Nursing Program; current license required.
- Minimum of one-year clinically relevant experience required. Experience working with elderly, or intellectually disabled preferred
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Regularly works in fast pace environment with multiple task deadlines
- Regularly moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
- Constantly alert and observant during working hours
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or a medical condition to perform the essential functions.
- May be required to attend seminar or job-related training courses.
- Must have understanding, patience, and tact in dealing with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with Evergreen staff and with contacts from other agencies or entities.
- Must be able to prioritize work tasks.
Skills and Abilities
Must have knowledge of and technical skills of medical nursing procedures, first aid, and basic principles of nursing. Must know or learn about intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Working knowledge of Windows 7, Office 2010 applications. Aptitude to learn other software programs as required for this position.
Must have a good driving record which meets the minimum requirements for Evergreen and reliable transportation. Must pass drug screen and criminal background check. Must be able to work some evenings when required.