Evergreen Life Services, Arkansas Division is currently in search for a Registered Nurse (RN).
This position is responsible for providing nursing care in accordance with physician’s orders and recognized nursing standards and according to Evergreen’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain a current knowledge of each individual(s) served medical condition
- Provide or insure provision of nursing care in accordance with physicians’ orders and recognized nursing standards
- Provide supervision of LPN’s
- Administer or insure administration of medications and treatment as prescribed by physicians
- Conduct quarterly nursing physical assessments as defined by Federal and State regulations for appropriate program(s).
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Team meetings
- Maintain accurate and complete records of nursing observations and care
- Provide sex education training to individual(s) served
- Train staff to recognize, interpret, and report individual(s) served conditions
- Implement and monitor preventive health care services for individual(s) served and instruct clients in good health habits
- Assist physicians in diagnostic and therapeutic measures
- Serve on committees as required
- Monitor and coordinate the services of physicians and medical providers to expedite medical services
- Conduct monthly trainings as required such as medication aid and other medical courses
- Review and sign monthly Medication Administration Records for individual(s) served in community homes and the Supported Independent Living Program
- Audit medication administration to ensure the absence of medical errors or documentation error
- Create and monitor a medication count sheet anytime a controlled substance is ordered
- Conduct training in homes and within other programs on interactions of various medications and their effectiveness on diagnosed illness
- Monitor OSHA Compliance and Infection Control as well as monthly audits to include patterns of reoccurring injury or illnesses of staff or individual(s) served
- Review medical records not limited to doctor’s appointments, lab work, effectiveness of medical treatment and medications
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Must possess and maintain current registration.
- Prefer at least one (1) year experience working with developmentally disabled
- Must know how to determine and meet individual medical needs.
- Basic computer skills
- Frequent travel
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Occasionally moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally provide assistance to individual(s) served including lifting and positioning
- Frequently exposed to viruses and infectious conditions