Individuals in our Independent Living Support program live alone or with a roommate and receive a range of services depending on their level of need. Some individuals need someone to check in on them a few times a week and be provided with transportation to errands and work. Others need help cooking meals, getting dressed and planning out his or her day. And some individuals need 24/7 care.
The program empowers people with disabilities by focusing on personal choice and community participation. It focuses on helping each individual develop life skills to live successfully in his or her own home.
Our direct support staff work one-to-one with individuals to help them learn to:
- Pay rent and bills
- Shop for groceries and other necessities
- Refill prescriptions and monitor medications
- Prepare healthy meals
- Manage home cleaning and laundry
- Purchase shoes and clothing
- Make and keep doctor appointments
- Plan social opportunities
- Join a gym or exercise class