Evergreen Life Services is looking for a creative, dynamic and resourceful professional who is ready to grow with us to the next level. We are seeking a candidate for the Director of Donor Relations (DDR) for the greater Baton Rouge region. DDRs are responsible for handling high level donor relationships, and implementing one major fundraising event each year. Additional duties include grant writing and team building. If you are looking for an exciting and meaningful career, and want to work for one of the best nonprofits in America, please apply. DDRs at Evergreen work independently, but are part of a vibrant and supportive team. We like to have fun, but we are also very results oriented. Nonprofit management, social media communications, graphic design and past fundraising experience is a definite plus. Starting salary with benefits begin at $65,000 per year. Submit three writing samples along with your resume. We can’t wait to meet you!
The focus of the Director of Donor Relations (DDR) is achieving results, which are aligned with the strategic goals for Evergreen Life Services (Evergreen). Evergreen serves persons with developmental, intellectual and/or physical disabilities in eight states in the U.S. Must be able to work independently and lead the creation of a regional presence in the Southeast Louisiana region. Must be able to identify, pursue and garner support for Evergreen. Each DDR is responsible for raising @ $500,000+ per year.
Building a rapport and relationship with individuals and groups requires an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Development.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Manage a portfolio of 100-200 donors/prospects in the assigned Evergreen Division.
- Conduct proactive stewardship activities with current donors to maintain or upgrade their giving.
- Cultivate and staff a local volunteer Development Council (4-10 members).
- Compile a prospect list in collaboration with the applicable people required.
- Manage all aspects of the gift cycle:
– Initiate contact with potential donors.
– Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them, including working with volunteers.
– Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure.
– Make solicitations when appropriate.
– Maintain stewardship contacts with donors.
- Approach groups, clubs, associations, and churches to seek speaking opportunities and follow-up with individuals who express interest.
- Research and generate award winning grant proposals on an on-going basis.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with all grant managers in your grant portfolio.
- Record all donor cultivation and solicitation activities in the donor database and produce monthly reports showing a summary of all significant activity.
- Establish and sustain internal and external relationships using strong communication skills and marketing abilities. Manage relationships professionally, both within and outside the organization.
- Participate in strategic planning for the organization and attend bi-weekly Development Team meeting through video conference.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Master’s preferred.
- Five or more years of successful experience in personal philanthropic fundraising, grant writing and/or consultative sales.
- Excellent listening, speaking and writing skills. Public speaking experience a must.
- Ability to obtain appointments with donors/prospects and to understand their philanthropic goals and their connection with Evergreen.
- Interest in and passion for the Evergreen mission. Ability to explain its case for support in a compelling and persuasive manner. Ability to skillfully deal with questions and objections in a professional and effective manner.
- High ethical standards, self-directed and the ability to work productively without direct supervision.
- Knowledge of MS Suite of products, Adobe Creative Suites, CANVA, DonorPerfect as well as Google applications. Ability to learn additional software programs as needed.
- Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with Evergreen staff and with contacts from other agencies or entities.